AKER uses durable, high quality materials and innovative technology in the manufacturing and design of its products to reduce the time you need to spend cleaning and caring for them. However, proper and regular maintenance is still vital.
Follow these general use and maintenance tips, as well as any that come with your AKER product, and you will be rewarded with years of great service.
Bathtub, Tub Shower & Shower Maintenance
- Wipe down after every use with a squeegee or soft cloth. This reduces the buildup from soap, bath additives, natural body oils and mineral deposits in water, making cleaning easy and helping to maintain the unit's natural luster.
- Clean regularly with a non-abrasive cleaning spray or cream-based cleansing agent. Never use abrasive cleansers, scrapers, metal brushes, or anything that could scratch or dull the surface.
- Add luster to and remove fine scratches from tub and shower surfaces by cleaning and polishing regularly with regular car wax. However, avoid waxing tub and shower bottoms as these could become slippery.
- Remove plaster residue with a plastic or wooden spatula wrapped in a moist cloth.
Care and maintenance information appears on the MAAX website.
Whirlpool Systems Maintenance & Use
- Clean piping and pump monthly. Fill the bathtub with hot water (max. 104°F/40°C) to two inches (5 cm) above the jets, add the cleansing agent, and turn on the whirlpool system for 20 minutes. Empty the bathtub. Use cold water to rinse, turning the system back on for 20 minutes, while keeping the air controls turned off.
- Never use dishwashing soap as a replacement for bath soaps as they are highly foaming and can create excessive suds that may clog your whirlpool system.
- Use therapeutic products with caution such as bath oils, salts and bubble bath that may damage your tub’s system. Read directions on these products closely and, if needed, test prior to use.
For any other questions about how to keep your product like new for longer, contact the AKER customer service.